Du bist nicht angemeldet.

Englisch

Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2012, 11:45

Sounds like you couldn't until now :D

I don't really know english, just doing it for fun, but I think you probably wanted to say you're excited instead of exciting.. xD

Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2012, 11:52

Well, i loved it, and I still do it right now.. ;)
However, it's possible that I have forgotten to much in the last four years, during my Break in the English Language. unfortunately.
it will come back ~ soon ^^

" Wann immer wir unseren Stolz hinter uns lassen, machen wir einen Schritt auf die Bestie zu. Wann immer wir einen Teil unseres Herzens töten, entfernen wir uns einen Schritt von der Bestie. " ~

Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2012, 12:02

I know that feel- I've had my last english lessons more than five years ago.. met a few english people in the mean time, but basically my knowledge of the english language just slowly died :I And still is dying, for I don't practice it xD

Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2012, 12:19

Honestly, I can't really see how a person could forget English after learning it once. All right, maybe if you really don't need it - but normally, there are always situations you'll need English in. Then again, maybe I shouldn't participate in such a discussion - after all, there are days when I think more in English than in German... blame the video games on that one.

Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2012, 12:23

Playing video games or watching movies in english isn't really what I'd call a situation to "need english" xD I'm perfectly ok with understanding everything they ever said in BBT or else (although the accent can be a problem), that doesn't mean I can talk like that myself.
Just like that latin lessons I had, translating everything from latin to german, but the other round? No way, dude :D

Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2012, 12:28

Playing video games or watching movies in english isn't really what I'd call a situation to "need english" xD I'm perfectly ok with understanding everything they ever said in BBT or else (although the accent can be a problem), that doesn't mean I can talk like that myself.
Well, it's true that you don't actually need English for that, but it's still like that for me. For some reasons, I really think more in English than in German - sometimes it even reaches the point that I want to talk to a friend, but start to talk in English because I think in this language. Of course, it's not only the video games on my end - there are plenty of things I need English for. Playing video games was just... well, the first example that came to my mind, I suppose.

Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2012, 12:34

Hey Guys and Nerdy :P How are you? Its the first time i write in this thread :O
:super_man:

Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2012, 12:34

Haha, I totally know that :D There are times I read more Mangas, watch more movies and series, play more videogames- everything in english. Totally noticeable by my excessive usage of english words ^^

But it's true- just a few weeks ago I noticed how really really bad my english has became (an english person talked to my and I.. kinda failed xD) and I planned to improve my english skills by watching/reading more english movies/books ;P

Hey Jr- and I started to think maybe you don't speak english at all :D

Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2012, 12:47

Haha, I totally know that :D There are times I read more Mangas, watch more movies and series, play more videogames- everything in english. Totally noticeable by my excessive usage of english words ^^
Well, the option 'play a video game in German' actually doesn't really exist for me anymore. Most of my games actually are either imported if the system permits it (I hate Nintendo for including a region lock for the 3DS, which is the only reason why I'll never buy one), or they were never translated to German here in Europe. I guess the best example would be the SMT series. Only one game was ever translated to German, and I always played that game in English. Though, I don't really watch movies to begin with. Series... well, sometimes animes with English subtitles. I simply can't stand most English dubs, to be honest. Though, I tend to read some books in English from time to time.

Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2012, 12:53

What kind of games do you play? (Besides SMT, I don't know what that is :D)

You don't watch movies! I literally (yes) pushed all my papers on the floor, reading this. xD Well, most of them.
And dude, I was talking about the subs, too- I watch animes only in original synchro ^^

Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2012, 13:02

What kind of games do you play? (Besides SMT, I don't know what that is :D)

You don't watch movies! I literally (yes) pushed all my papers on the floor, reading this. xD Well, most of them.
And dude, I was talking about the subs, too- I watch animes only in original synchro ^^

Actually, I've already played a lot of different games, to much to name all of them. SMT would be Shin Megami Tensei, though. Most of the games are RPGs, and they are quite famous in Japan and even in the US. Some people would call those games a darker and more mature version of Pokemon, even though it has been there 10 years longer than Pokemon. Basically, all of those games are those that let you actually question your own thoughts about different things. In most cases, the world ends in SMT, demons invade the world and you somehow need to get out of that situation (or solve it, it depends on the choices of the player), though as the actions of the player determine the stories, there are always situations when you should ask yourself: 'What would I do?'. The story is therefore always amazing, without any exception. And there are always memorable moments, I can promise that much. It's basically the extreme situations that you'll remember afterwards. And by the way, it gets compared to Pokemon because you can recruit those demons in battle. So yeah, it should be obvious why they are compared like that.
Anyways, most of the games I play are from ATLUS, who also produce the SMT games. They also have a lot of other amazing RPGs - Radiant Historia comes to mind, for example. Most of them never reached Europe, though.
I also played a lot of strategy games (Fire Emblem, Advance Wars for example), Beat'em'Ups (BlazBlue, Guilty Gear), but also some other things like Shoot'em'Ups (Touhou) and Dungeon Crawlers (Etrian Odyssey). I could continue this list for hours, you know...

And yeah, I rarely watch movies. I suppose that there are people like that, huh? It doesn't seem odd to me, if you ask me...

Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2012, 13:12

ö_Ö Yep, never heard of SMT. Duuuuude! You can't just compare Pokemon to something else.. that's like comparing Pokemon to something else, that doesn't work. xD
I like that "that let you actually question your own thoughts about different things"-part though. Could you specify that?

Sorry to tell you, but no. You're the only one. Normal people watch movies. :D

Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2012, 13:13

But it's true- just a few weeks ago I noticed how really really bad my english has became (an english person talked to my and I.. kinda failed xD) and I planned to improve my english skills by watching/reading more english movies/books ;P

Hey Jr- and I started to think maybe you don't speak english at all :D

Totally not. Thats a rumor ;D
I already was in Sweden for exchange pupil. Sweden was great :D So many hot girls xD

btw: I have already spoken English here.

Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2012, 13:15

You may say that. But it took you long enough to write those few sentences xD

Dude, are the girls in sweden really blond? I mean like- no exceptions? :D

Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2012, 13:16

Apart from a few exceptions, yes.

Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2012, 13:21

Awesome.. xD That's like Hitlers germany. 8D

Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2012, 13:24

What a comparable...xD

Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2012, 13:26

Well, what about the men there. Blond? :D

Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2012, 13:26

ö_Ö Yep, never heard of SMT. Duuuuude! You can't just compare Pokemon to something else.. that's like comparing Pokemon to something else, that doesn't work. xD
I like that "that let you actually question your own thoughts about different things"-part though. Could you specify that?

I wasn't the one who compared it to Pokemon, I just... sort of quoted other persons, but play the games for yourself and you should agree.
But how should I explain that? There are many situations that are there to make the persons think, it's just that you'd really need to explain all the background story behind it. Well, I'll try.
Let's take the game SMT: Devil Survivor as an example. The characters are in Tokyo which is locked down due to an invasion of demons. As a result, within that lockdown is chaos - there are only a few food supplies, there is no electricity to begin with, demons are wandering around, some people start to think along the lines of 'Might makes right.', and to make things worse there is a rumor that within 7 days, all persons that are trapped in this lockdown will die. Some of the characters aquire something called a COMP, though (which looks a lot like the NDS for some reason), which enables them to summon demons whenever they want to defend themselves... or to abuse it. For example, there is a character named Midori who uses her demons to defend people - but as the persons are too scared or want a scapegoat, they start to hunt her down. Which makes one think - what would you do if you'd be her, or one of those persons? It gets even more complicated, though. Another character named Keisuke teached her how to use a COMP. You know, the 3 main characters always get a mail to their COMP at the beginning of the day which predicts the future, especially who will die so that they are able to prevent it (therefore it's title Devil Survivor), and at some point he joins the group. The next day, he reads the mail for that day, only to find out that Midori would get killed by the people she'd try to protect. He snaps and wants to purge the persons in that lockdown afterwards by finding and punishing anyone with 'sins', not realizing that he'd be the same as the people who do this then. He even has a reason why he snapped - his background story explains for example that he used to protect persons from bullies, until he was bullied himself, and the persons he protected turned against him. Though, the question then is - would you use that power in such a situation, or what else would you do?
Actually, those examples are quite lame compared to some others in the series, but it's the most memorable for me as Keisuke's reaction is something that will really stay in your mind - I think I need to look for a video of that scene...

Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2012, 13:33

Huh.. that sounds damn interesting :o Now I wanna play that game. Got a link? xD And remember.. I don't have money, I'm a student :D